Mandatory team registration will be held at the field one hour prior to your first game but not later than 10 am, on March 3 (Girls Teams) or March 4 (Boys Teams). Look for the registration directional signs.
At Registration each team must present:
- A copy of your official and approved roster (USYSA or US Club Soccer) must be presented at registration.
- You must also email a copy of your official roster to: email@example.com. We must receive this by 2/24.
- Properly authorized primary player and coaches' passes with photos (guest players and must present primary player passes). Secondary players are considered guest players and must present primary passes to participate per EPYSA rules.
- valid medical release forms for each participant at the time of registration. Notarization is not necessary and you may use your teams' current forms.
- a game line-up sheet Rosters are limited to 14 for U9 - U11. Up to 5 guest players are permitted. Secondary players are considered guest players.
- a completed tournament safety form must also be presented. Please share the contents of the safety form with your parents as well.
- Permission to Travel - USYS member teams from Region 1, except CT and NJ, DO NOT need to provide permission to travel at team registration (* please see info on our FAQ page for details). Teams from CT, NJ and USYS Region 2 must provide their state association's properly executed "Permission to Travel Form." No such permission is required of US Club Soccer member teams. Click link below to view and print our EPYSA approved Application To Host a Tournament for Academy Cup. The form is needed to obtain your Permission To Travel form if required by your association or state organization. To print a blank Permission To Travel form from the United States Youth Soccer Web Site click USYS Forms.
ALL teams should ensure that they have current and up-to-date team insurance - proof is not needed at registration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can you tell us about hotels in the area? Please email us by February 18th if you would like assistance obtaining hotel accommodations. We work with a travel agent and would be happy to provide that info to you.
Does my team need to obtain permission to travel from our state organization or US CLUB SOCCER?
The Academy Cup is an EPYSA and USYS approved/sanctioned tournament . USYS and US Club Soccer "Club" teams are invited to participate. USYS member teams from Region 1, except CT and NJ, DO NOT need to provide permission to travel at registration for the team, however most state associations still require that you go thru the permission to travel process as outlined by them so that they are aware of where your team will be traveling for insurance purposes. Please check with your state association for requirements. Teams from CT, NJ and USYS Region 2 must provide the tournament with their state association's properly executed "Permission to Travel Form." No such permission is required of US Club Soccer member teams.
What is the procedure for adding guest players?
Guest Players and Secondary Players - From our rules.
- Team rosters for U9-U11 age groups are limited to a maximum of 14 players, including guests. Only 14 players for U9-11 teams can appear on the game line-up sheet and will be allowed to play at the tournament. (The game line-up sheet is submitted upon registration of the team, and ONLY the players listed may participate throughout the event)
- Five (5) guest players are allowed.
- Secondary players are considered guest players, and their primary pass and medical release form must be presented at registration.
This is an EPYSA rule.
We cannot accept yellow secondary player passes at registration under any circumstances. If you have questions, please email in advance of registration.
- Players with US Club Soccer player cards may not guest for a USYS team, and players with USYS player cards may not guest for a US Club Soccer team.
- Players may compete for only one team in the tournament.
All teams and players must be associated with the USYS and the appropriate state association, or US Club Soccer.
US Club Soccer does not require permission to travel for their teams.
Important Note: Guest players playing on teams that are required to request permission to travel might also need permission to travel. Again, we would then require proof of their permission to travel with your team. Please check with your state orgnization for the procedures for guest player permission to travel. USYS guest players from NJ and CT will need to provide proof of permission to travel even if guesting on a team that is from a state organization that is not required to provide proof of permission to travel to the tournament.
Must medical releases be notarized?
No. The United States Youth Soccer Association and US Club Soccer do not require the medical release forms to be notarized. You may use your own team medical releases or you may download ours. (see forms page). Remember, each player and guest player must have a medical release form. These will be checked at registration.
May a player with a cast participate?
Please first consult with your physician to see if it is permissible or advisable to play while wearing a cast. The Laws of the Game do not prohibit the wearing of a cast. However a player may not wear anything considered to be dangerous to any player, including the player with the cast. Whether the cast is dangerous is up to the sole discretion of the referee of each game. It is impossible to predict prior to each game what the ref's decision will be. In general most referees will allow a player to play with a cast if it is well padded with foam padding or bubble wrap and if it is not used in a manner that could be considered dangerous. We cannot guarantee that this will be allowed. Please understand the risks involved before making a decision to attend the tournament with a cast.