REC COACHES & VOLUNTEERS INFORMATION
FOR COACHES: RISK MANAGEMENT & TRAINING - If you will volunteer to coach or assistant coach, you must submit a Risk Management application through EPYSA.
Please be sure to select Penn Legacy as the club, and select the correct season, coaching position and age group.
Click here to open the 2017-18 EPYSA Risk Management Application:
MANDATORY COACHES MEETING: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 6 pm at WJTL building
A new Pennsylvania Child Protection Law became effective July 1, 2015.
- All adults 18 years and older applying for an unpaid position as a volunteer responsible for the welfare of a child and having direct contact with children, must have clearances that include:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance (free)
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check (free)
- An FBI Criminal Background Check if you have not been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years ($27.50)
- Volunteers not requiring an FBI check, and have been a continuous resident of PA for the last ten years must swear or affirm in writing
(Act 153 Affidavit) that they have no other convictions that would disqualify them.
- Clearances are required prior to the commencement of service.
- The clearances are good for 60 months. They are portable and may be used with other organizations.
Please see the info on the resources page linked here to follow the steps required of all coaches.