Penn Legacy - Rec U10-U19
Fall 2018 Registration Details
- Registration Start Date: May 10, 2018
- Registration tentative End Date: July 20, 2018 (or earlier as age groups reach capacity)
- Late Registration Fee - $25 After June 20, 2018
- Girls U12 and all boys age groups are now closed. Limited openings available in girls U10, U15 and U19. Interested players should contact the Rec Director or Registrar
Birthday falls between the following dates:
- U10 Boys and Girls: 01/01/2009 - 12/31/2010
- U12 Boys and Girls: 01/01/2007 - 12/31/2008
- U15 Boys and Girls: 01/01/2004 - 12/31/2006
- U19 Coed: 01/01/2000 - 12/31/2003
PENN LEGACY REC PROGRAM - FOR BOYS AND GIRLS U10 - U19
- Two weeknight team practices
- Games on Saturdays (boys) or Sundays (girls)
- U19 will be COED
- Registration fee: $105
- Uniform jersey cost: $20 (if needed - see more info below)
- $25 late fee starting after Wednesday, June 20, 2018
WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND POLICY:
Withdrawals made by June 20, 2018 will be refunded 100% (less a $5 processing fee).
Withdrawals made by July 15, 2018 will result in refund of 50% of registration fee.
Withdrawals made after July 15, 2018 will NOT be refunded.*
*(note: Players trying out for school teams should notify firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after submitting their registration. Registration fee refund will then be granted to those that withdrawal to play school ball upon a follow up notification to email@example.com)
PENN LEGACY REC IMPORTANT DATES
- Coaches are to contact players by Wednesday August 15, 2018
- Regular practices start the week of August 27, 2018
Bring ball, shin guards and a water bottle. Team jerseys will be distributed,
- Boys League games begin – Saturday, September 8. 2018
- Girls League games begin – Sunday, September 9, 2018
- Girls Festival - October 27 & 28, 2018
- Boys Tournament - Saturday, November 3, 2018
UNIFORM JERSEY POLICY
*Please note the policy for Rec jerseys*
Due to changes in available uniform styles, Rec uniform jerseys are now used for TWO years. This cycle will be from fall, 2017 through spring, 2019. ALL NEW players must purchase a jersey during the registration process for the fall, 2018. The price for the jersey is $20. Returning players from fall 2017 or spring 2018 are NOT REQUIRED to purchase a new jersey. New jerseys are available if needed due to size, stains, loss, etc.
COACHES: RISK MANAGEMENT & TRAINING
Are you interested in coaching? If so, we are using a new system this year from Blue Star Sports.
Please go to this page and create an account and then register your interest as a coach.
If you volunteer to coach or assistant coach, you must submit a Risk Management application through EPYSA.
Please be sure to select Penn Legacy as the club, and select the correct season, coaching position and age group.
Click here to open the 2018-19 EPYSA Risk Management Application:
MANDATORY COACHES MEETING: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 6:30 pm at the WJTL building
Please check your junk mail folder for communications from your coach or the club if you have a spam filter. Make sure to allow emails from the following addresses, or you might not receive important messages:
- EmailFrom_EPYSAClub@youthleaguesusa.com (Registration confirmation emails, and mass communications - note the reply to email address will be the club sender)
- Rec@pennlegacy.org (Steve Rempala, Rec Registrar)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Jim Dreyer, Director)
A new Pennsylvania Child Protection Law became effective July 1, 2015.
- All adults 18 years and older applying for an unpaid position as a volunteer responsible for the welfare of a child and having direct contact with children, must have clearances that include:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance (Free)
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check (Free)
- An FBI Criminal Background Check if you have not been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years ($21.35)
- Volunteers not requiring an FBI check, and have been a continuous resident of PA for the last ten years must swear or affirm in writing that they have no other convictions that would disqualify them.
- Clearances are required prior to the commencement of service.
- The clearances are good for 60 months. They are portable and may be used with other organizations.
At present, the Child Abuse History Clearance may take 14 days for volunteers. The State Police records check is, or should be, instantaneous. Please plan accordingly.
Penn Legacy Soccer has developed a policy and process to manage this for the many volunteers that are critical to the success of ALL soccer programs.
Registration and Uniform fees for Penn Legacy Rec players are purposely kept low in order to make the program accessible to all children. Club sponsors and personal donations are also an important source of revenue to run all programs. However, should the Club choose to run fundraising activities or sales, each family is expected to participate.
Click below to register your child for the 2018 fall Rec Program. We are using a new system this year from Blue Star Sports.
You will initially be asked to create a family account, with a user name and password. Once this is created, you will then be directed to the player registration page.
On that page, please select “Register Now”, then select Player - 2018 Fall Rec Program – Register Now.
8/3: Please contact the rec Director or Registrar for registration info and to learn if there is available space.
FOLLOW PENN LEGACY ON SOCIAL MEDIA!