Penn Legacy - Rec U10-U19
Spring 2018 Registration Details
- Registration Start Date: January 1, 2018
- Registration End Date: February 25, 2018 (or earlier as age groups reach capacity)
- Late Registration Fee - $25 After February 12, 2018
Coaching volunteers needed!
U10 girls have openings for a head coach and two assistant coaches.
U10 boys - 1 assistant coach needed
U12 boys - 1 assistant coach needed
U15 boys - has an opening for 1 assistant coach.
U15 girls has openings for 1 or 2 assistant coaches.
Birthday falls between the following dates:
- U10 Boys and Girls: 01/01/2008 - 12/31/2009
- U12 Boys and Girls: 01/01/2006 - 12/31/2007
- U15 Boys and Girls: 01/01/2003 - 12/31/2005
- U19 Coed: 01/01/1999 - 12/31/2002
PENN LEGACY REC PROGRAM - FOR BOYS AND GIRLS U10 - U19
- Two weeknight team practices
- Games on Saturdays (boys) or Sundays (girls)
- U19 will be COED
- Registration fee: $105
- Uniform jersey cost: $20 (if needed - see more info below)
- $25 late fee starting after Monday, February 12, 2018
WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND POLICY:
Withdrawals made by February 1, 2018 will be refunded 100% (less a $5 processing fee).
Withdrawals made by February 12, 2018 will result in refund of 50% of registration fee.
Withdrawals made after February 12, 2018 will NOT be refunded.
PENN LEGACY REC IMPORTANT DATES
- Coaches are to contact players the week of Marsh 11, 2018
- Regular practices start the week of March 26, 2018
Bring ball, shin guards and a water bottle. Team jerseys will be distributed,
- Girls League games begin – Sunday, April 8. 2018
- Boys League games begin – Saturday, April 7. 2018
- Girls Festival - June 2 and 3, 2018
- Boys Festival - June 9. 2018
UNIFORM JERSEY POLICY
*Please note the policy for Rec jerseys*
Due to changes in available uniform styles, Rec uniform jerseys are now used for TWO years. This cycle will be from Fall, 2017 through Spring, 2019. ALL NEW players must purchase a jersey during the registration process for the spring, 2018. The price for the jersey is the same as last year - $20. Returning players from fall 2017 are NOT REQUIRED to purchase a new jersey. New jerseys are available if needed due to size, stains, loss, etc.
COACHES: RISK MANAGEMENT & TRAINING
If you will volunteer to coach or assistant coach, you must submit a Risk Management application through EPYSA.
Please be sure to select Penn Legacy as the club, and select the correct season, coaching position and age group.
Click here to open the 2017-18 EPYSA Risk Management Application:
MANDATORY COACHES MEETING: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 6:30 pm at the WJTL building
Please check your junk mail folder for communications from your coach or the club if you have a spam filter. Make sure to allow emails from the following addresses, or you might not receive important messages:
- EmailFrom_EPYSAClub@youthleaguesusa.com (Registration confirmation emails, and mass communications - note the reply to email address will be the club sender)
- Rec@pennlegacy.org (Steve Rempala, Rec Registrar)
- email@example.com (Jim Dreyer, Director)
A new Pennsylvania Child Protection Law became effective July 1, 2015.
- All adults 18 years and older applying for an unpaid position as a volunteer responsible for the welfare of a child and having direct contact with children, must have clearances that include:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance (Free)
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check (Free)
- An FBI Criminal Background Check if you have not been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years ($27.50)
- Volunteers not requiring an FBI check, and have been a continuous resident of PA for the last ten years must swear or affirm in writing that they have no other convictions that would disqualify them.
- Clearances are required prior to the commencement of service.
- The clearances are good for 36 months. They are portable and may be used with other organizations.
At present, the Child Abuse History Clearance may take 14 days for volunteers. The State Police records check is, or should be, instantaneous. Please plan accordingly.
Penn Legacy Soccer has developed a policy and process to manage this for the many volunteers that are critical to the success of ALL soccer programs.
Registration and Uniform fees for Penn Legacy Rec players are purposely kept low in order to make the program accessible to all children. Club sponsors and personal donations are also an important source of revenue to run all programs. However, should the Club choose to run fundraising activities or sales, each family is expected to participate.
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT:
1. Players will refrain from using all inappropriate language during games and practices.
2. Players will not engage in disparaging dialogue with referees, teammates, coaches, opponents or spectators.
3. Players will not, under any circumstances, participate in physical violence or threats thereof during any game or practice.
4. Players are prohibited from the use of alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco products.
5. Property damage during away games or while attending a game or practice will result in suspension from the team and full restitution to the property owner by players and/or parents.
6. Players will make every attempt to notify the coach prior to missing a game or practice.
PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT:
1. Parents agree to support the Club in requiring players to abide by the Player Code of Conduct.
2. Parents will refrain from verbal abuse of players, coaches, referees, opponents and spectators.
3. Parents will discuss constructive concerns regarding coach, players or Club policy with the coach first then the Coordinator and finally through the Club's VP of the Program.
4. Parents must fully understand that they too are representatives of the Club and will treat all opposing players, parents and officials with respect.
Please read and discuss the information above together. In doing so, both agree to abide and follow the above Player/Parent Code of Conduct. The Club has a zero-tolerance policy for violations of this Code. Players and parents may be subject to suspension from Club programs and/or removal from events.
FOLLOW PENN LEGACY ON SOCIAL MEDIA!