Invitation | General Info
Please note: Due to late starts and extended league play schedules, as of 8/27 we have adjusted the event to include both girls and boys teams to play on the weekend of Nov 21 and 22, 2020
35th Annual Hempfield Adidas Fall Classic
The invitation followed by the FAQ page linked below, and our rules/format link, provide answers to the most frequently asked questions.
We have addressed additional frequently asked questions including guest players, secondary players, league or playoff conflicts, hotels and more on our FAQ page linked at the bottom of the page below the invitation. Please review all of these web pages and the rules before applying and if contacting us with questions.
2020 INVITATION & GENERAL INFO
- Each team plays a minimum of three (3) games (see rules/format document for more info and conditions).
- Preliminary games will be held all day Saturday, and Sunday morning.
- All teams have the potential for 8 am games both days.
- Buildout lines will be included on fields for all 7v7 games - to learn more about this visit this link
- The final games will be held Sunday morning and afternoon. Awards will be given to 1st and 2nd place teams for U9-U15 and 1st place teams for U16-U19.
- Note: U16-U19 Teams should also read the College Showcase Info linked here.
- No heading rule applies for U9-U12 teams
- Please read the COVID-19 Safety Protocols and Information linked here.
Games will be played at locations within 20-25-mile radius of 340 Mumma Drive, Landisville, PA.
Age Groups, Fees and Application Deadline
Competition is an open tournament. The event is open to USYS and US CLUB SOCCER "CLUB" teams in the following age groups and divisions. See more detail in our rules.
U9-12 teams play 50 min games
U13 and older teams play 60 min games
Field size for U9 and U10 will be aprox 40-45 x 60-65
Field size for U11 and U12 will be aprox 50 x 70
2020 Tournament Fees
U9 - U10 (7v7) - $695
U11 - U12 (9v9) - $795
U13 & U14 - $825
U15 and older - $925
We are refunding teams 100% of your team entry fee should these dates be canceled due to COVID-19. No credits, no money kept by us. Your team will get all of their entry fee back.
- Application Deadline - Oct 21 at midnight. We suggest you do not wait until the deadline to apply as the event has filled to capacity for many years. Teams applying after deadlines may be placed on a waiting list and a $50 late fee may apply.
- Accepted teams will be posted on or before Oct 25
- Payments may be made by mail-in check, e-check or credit card. Credit card and echeck payments will be processed upon application.
- All mail-in checks must be received within 14 days of application or upon arrangement..
- There is a non-refundable at any time 3.50% processing fee for credit card payments and a non-refundable at any time 1% fee for payments made by e-check.
- Mail in checks will only be accepted up to 1 month prior to event. Any open payments thereafter must be made by credit card or e-check.
- Teams that have not submitted payment within 7 days of the application deadlines posted above may incur a $50 late fee to be added to the tournament fee amount due. Please communicate with us to avoid that fee.
- Refunds will not be provided to teams withdrawing after accepted teams are posted.
- See Rules for details regarding refund policy if tournament games are canceled in full or partially prior to or during tournament due to weather or field conditions, etc. We are refunding teams 100% of your team entry fee should these dates be canceled due to COVID-19. No credits, no money kept by us. Your team will get all of their entry fee back.
- For teams that need hotel stays - please see your email application confirmation for requirements regarding hotels.
Levels of Play
Teams will be bracketed into one of three divisions:
PREMIER "P" - Highest to higher tiers in league divisions
DIVISION "A" - Competitive teams of "Division I" status or equivalent, depending on league divisions - Mid-tier in league divisions.
DIVISION "B" - Competitive teams of "Division II or III" status or new (less experienced) travel teams - Lower tier in league divisions.Note: Each league is different and Div I or II references may not apply. Use tier levels above instead or email us if you are unsure.
Team selection will be based on league record and league division, past tournaments records-level of play, geographic balance, date of receipt of application and paid tournament fee, and number of teams applying in each age group. Please indicate on your application your perceived appropriate level of competition (see application).
Note: In order to provide the best competition, the Tournament Committee may combine or eliminate age groups and/or move teams up to the next age group, or change competition level.
All premier or travel teams are eligible and must belong to their local, state, and national association and have current validated photo player and coaches' passes.
Applications for designated “tournament team rosters” may be submitted at all ages.
USYS, US Club Soccer, and Travel Teams with photo player and photo coaches passes designated as tournament, competitive, travel or premier teams are eligible. (Age groups by birthdate are listed within above and in event rules)
- Team rosters are limited to the maximum roster size posted above including guests.
- A maximum of up to five (5) guest players at U9–U14, and seven (7) at U15 and older are allowed.
- Secondary players must appear on your official roster if participating in the event.
- Players may compete for only ONE team for the duration of the tournament weekend.
- U9-U12 will play on smaller fields.
- All travel teams must be associated with the USYS and the appropriate state association or US Club Soccer. SAY Soccer travel teams should be sure their teams meet required criteria and have photos on all player and coaches passes. U9 and U10 DDP and EDP Futures teams associated with USYS or US Club Soccer are also eligible.
- All player and coaches passes must be official approved passes and have a photo on the pass.
- ONLY USYS teams from outside of USYS Region 1 must submit a completed Permission to Travel form by October 30th.
No permission to travel is needed for US Club Soccer teams. SAY teams should check with their organization for travel permission requirements.
- US Soccer rules regarding the use of US Soccer registered referees will be followed.
The one referee system will be used for U9 and U10 7v7 games. U11 and U12 games will have 1 or 3 referees based on ref availability. The U13 and older games will use the 3 referee system.
Please complete the on-line Application form in full, one per team. Upon successful completion of the on-line application, you will receive a confirmation e-mail and your registration number. This email will include where and when to mail your entry fee if paying by mail-in check.
Accepted teams will be posted to our website and your GotSoccer team account on or before
Please include your Registration Number as the "Subject" of ALL e-mail correspondence relating to the tournament.
For mail in check payments, the payments should be made payable to Penn Legacy for the amount of the tournament fee.
Teams applying for the early application discount must have payment postmarked by 9/1 or fee will revert to full fee.
Teams not accepted are notified and money is promptly refunded (exception, the 3.50% processing fee for credit card payments and the 1% fee for e-checks will not be refunded).
The Tournament fee is non-refundable after team selections have been announced. For withdraws prior to the announcement of team acceptances, refunds will be issued within 14 days.
Checks will only be accepted up to 1 month prior to event. Any open payments thereafter must be made by CC or e-check.
As the tournament is a public event, videos and photos will be taken. Participants and teams can and should expect that images taken during the event will appear in media, including but not limited to, newspaper, television, social media and current and future promotional media. Teams and their participants acknowledge this possibility and agree to these possible uses when participating in the event.
- 9/15: Early application discount deadline.
- 9/22: Early application fees due.
- 10/21: Final on-line Application deadline. Applications are due by midnight.
- 10/25: All accepted teams posted online and your GotSoccer team account will also reflect acceptance on this date.
On-line Discounted Tournament T-shirt Pre-ordering will open.
Team Check-in info and COVID-19 guidelines and requirements will also be provided.
- 10/26: College Showcase age teams will receive info regarding the College ID Exhibition Games, creating player profiles and team rosters
- 11/2-5: Schedules and maps will be posted online
- 11/12: Team electronic check-in documents due. No in person check-in.
- 11/21 & 22: 35th Annual Hempfield Fall Classic Soccer Tournament
- Please refer to the UPDATES section of our website for the latest tournament information after teams have been accepted.
Team Check-in | Registration:
- Team electronic check-in documents and COVID-19 guidelines and requirements will be provided upon acceptance dates which is Oct 25
- Please note, a signed waiver regarding COVID-19 will be required of each team's coaches, managers and players.
For general info - At this time we anticipate each team must present the following documents/forms.
The specific needs, forms and all info pertaining to team check-in will be provided to accepted teams on 10/12.
- Properly authorized player and coaches' passes with photos
- As of Sept 2015 - medical releases will not need to be presented to the event. However, you should always keep them with you for each player and guest player during the event.
- A game line-up sheet- Please note: U15 and up teams with 22 on a roster may only dress 18 for each game and game line-ups for all U15-U19 teams must be presented to the referee prior to the start of each game. Teams that do not present the game-lineup sheet prior to the start of the game may be disqualified.
- A completed Team Info form must also be presented.
- Safety Document - This document is to also be shared with your team.
- Secondary players must appear on your official roster and must present primary player passes at team electronic check-in.
- ALL teams should ensure that they have current and up-to-date team insurance - proof is not needed at team check-in/registration
- Important info for Teams - The home State Association or Affiliate and the home club or league shall, except in the case of referee assault or abuse, have the responsibility for imposing, should circumstances warrant, additional penalties within their respective jurisdictions with regard to any matters arising from the tournament or games.
- Host Form if needed to obtain permission to travel (only required for teams outside of District 1) = PDF Version
Address - for mailing fees
**Please make checks payable to Penn Legacy.
The mailing address of the Tournament Registrar is:
1732 Glenbrook Ave
Lancaster, PA 17603
Voicemail Only: (717) 850-8191 (please call ONLY after first attempting to email us. We respond to email promptly.)
Fax: (717) 459-7511
Email us! We respond promptly.
Please include your Registration Number as "Subject" of ALL e-mails.
Please email and include your registration number as subject of all e-mails
Registration or Rostering Questions?
Please email Tournament Registrar
To contact the Tournament Director
Please email Director, Sarah Thomas