Invitation | General Info
36th Annual Hempfield Fall Classic
The invitation followed by the FAQ page linked below, and our rules/format link, provide answers to the most frequently asked questions.
We have addressed additional frequently asked questions including guest players, secondary players, league or playoff conflicts, hotels and more on our FAQ page linked at the bottom of the page below the invitation. Please review all of these web pages and the rules before applying and if contacting us with questions.
2021 INVITATION & GENERAL INFO
- Each team plays a minimum of three (3) games (see rules/format document for more info and conditions).
- Preliminary games will be held all day Saturday, and Sunday morning.
- All teams have the potential for 8 am games both days.
- Buildout lines will be included on fields for all 7v7 games
- The final games will be held Sunday morning and afternoon. Awards will be given to 1st and 2nd place teams for U9-U15 and 1st place teams for U16-U19.
- Note: U16-U19 Teams should also read the College Showcase Info linked here.
- No heading rule applies for U9-U12 teams
- The HFC will be operating under the PA Department of Health Rules & Guidelines and EPYSA guidelines. More info to be posted prior to event.
Age Groups, Fees and Application Deadline
Competition is an open tournament. The event is open to USYS and US CLUB SOCCER "CLUB" teams in the following age groups and divisions. See more detail in our rules.
U9-12 teams play 50 min games
U13 and older teams play 60 min games
Field size for U9 and U10 will be aprox 40-45 x 60-65
Field size for U11 and U12 will be aprox 50 x 70
2021 Tournament Fees
- Application Deadlines:
- Girls Weekend Application Deadline: Oct 15
- Boys Weekend Application Deadline: Oct 22
- We suggest you do not wait until the deadline to apply as the event has filled to capacity for many years. Teams applying after deadlines may be placed on a waiting list.
- Accepted teams will be posted within 48 hours of final deadlines
- Payments may be made by mail-in check or credit card. Credit cards will be processed upon application.
- All mail-in checks must be received within 7 days of application or upon arrangement.
- There is a non-refundable at any time 3.50% processing fee for credit card payments.
- Mail in checks will only be accepted up to 1 month prior to event. Any open payments thereafter must be made by credit card.
- Teams that have not submitted payment within 7 days of the application deadlines posted above may incur a $50 late fee to be added to the tournament fee amount due. Please communicate with us to avoid that fee.
- Refunds will not be provided to teams withdrawing after accepted teams are posted.
- See Rules for details regarding refund policy.
- For teams that need hotel stays - please see your email application confirmation for requirements regarding hotels.
Levels of Play
Teams will be bracketed into one of divisions (names of brackets may vary when flights are announced) Guidelines for divisions below are for application and bracketing use.
- Championship (Top Flight)
- Elite (Upper Middle)
- Platinum (Middle Flight)
- Gold (Lower Flight)
Team selection will be based on league record and league division, past tournaments records-level of play, geographic balance, date of receipt of application and paid tournament fee, and number of teams applying in each age group. Please indicate on your application your perceived appropriate level of competition (see application).
Note: In order to provide the best competition, the Tournament Committee may combine or eliminate age groups and/or move teams up to the next age group, or change competition level.
All premier or travel teams are eligible and must belong to their local, state, and national association and have current validated photo player and coaches' passes.
Applications for designated “tournament team rosters” may be submitted at all ages.
USYS, US Club Soccer, and Travel Teams with photo player and photo coaches passes designated as tournament, competitive, travel or premier teams are eligible. (Age groups by birthdate are listed within above and in event rules)
- Team rosters are limited to the maximum roster size posted above including guests.
- A maximum of up to five (5) guest players at U9–U14, and seven (7) at U15 and older are allowed.
- Players may compete for only ONE team for the duration of the tournament weekend.
- U9-U12 will play on smaller fields.
- All travel teams must be associated with the USYS and the appropriate state association or US Club Soccer. SAY Soccer travel teams should be sure their teams meet required criteria and have photos on all player and coaches passes. U9 and U10 DDP and EDP Futures teams associated with USYS or US Club Soccer are also eligible.
- All player and coaches passes must be official approved passes and have a photo on the pass.
- ONLY USYS teams from outside of USYS Region 1 must submit a completed Permission to Travel form with their team check-in.
No permission to travel is needed for US Club Soccer teams. SAY teams should check with their organization for travel permission requirements.
- US Soccer rules regarding the use of US Soccer registered referees will be followed.
The one referee system will be used for U9 and U10 7v7 games. U11 and U12 games will have 1 or 3 referees based on ref availability. The U13 and older games will use the 3 referee system.
Please complete the on-line Application form in full, one per team. Upon successful completion of the on-line application, you will receive a confirmation e-mail and your registration number. This email will include where and when to mail your entry fee if paying by mail-in check.
Accepted teams will be posted to our website and your GotSoccer team account on or before October 16 for Girls Teams and Oct 23 for Boys Teams.
Please include your Registration Number as the "Subject" of ALL e-mail correspondence relating to the tournament.
For mail in check payments, the payments should be made payable to Penn Legacy for the amount of the tournament fee.
1732 Glenbrook Ave
Lancaster, PA 17603
Teams applying for the early application discount must have payment postmarked by 9/25 or fee will revert to full fee.
Teams not accepted are notified and money is promptly refunded (exception, the 3.50% processing fee for credit card payments and the 1% fee for e-checks (if available) will not be refunded).
The Tournament fee is non-refundable after team selections have been announced. For withdraws prior to the announcement of team acceptances, refunds will be issued within 14 days.
Checks will only be accepted up to 1 month prior to event. Any open payments thereafter must be made by CC or arrangement with the tournament.
As the tournament is a public event, videos and photos will be taken. Participants and teams can and should expect that images taken during the event will appear in media, including but not limited to, newspaper, television, social media and current and future promotional media. Teams and their participants acknowledge this possibility and agree to these possible uses when participating in the event.
Please see all important dates and deadlines linked here
Team Check-in | Registration:
- Please note, a signed waiver regarding COVID-19 will be required of each team's coaches, managers and players.
The specific needs, forms and all info pertaining to team check-in will be provided to accepted teams the day after the application deadline.
Address - for mailing fees
**Please make checks payable to Penn Legacy.
The mailing address of the Tournament Registrar is:
1732 Glenbrook Ave
Lancaster, PA 17603
Email us! We respond promptly.
Please include your Registration Number as "Subject" of ALL e-mails.
Please email and include your registration number as subject of all e-mails
Registration or Rostering Questions?
Please email Tournament Registrar
To contact the Tournament Director
Please email Director, Sarah Thomas